How to Use QR Codes at your Comedy Club
Lately I've seen a lot of articles about QR codes. Although QR Codes aren't accessible to everyone, they are still widely recognized and in one editor's opinion, will be mainstream soon.
And although not everyone has a smartphone with a QR scanner, you can still add to your customers' experience for those who do. According to Mashable, 52% have seen or heard of QR codes, and 28% of people have scanned them.
What are QR (Quick-Response) Codes?
Like bar codes, QR Codes are graphical representations of data. The difference being that QR Codes can hold a lot more data and perform various functions. QR Codes are easy to create and print in various sizes.
What can QR Codes Do?
By using their smartphone, people can scan a QR Code to:
- Display Text
- Take user to a webpage
- Send a Text Message
- Open a Google Map Location
- Send an E-mail
- Automatically add someone to their contact book
How can I use QR Codes at my Comedy Club?
- Promotinal Posters: link to a promotional video or a mobile landing page to buy tickets
- Comment Cards: Take user to a landing page to fill-out and submit a digital comment card
- Newsletter opt-in
- Twitter Follow
- Facebook 'Likes'
- FourSquare Check-ins
- Yelp! or Google Places user review
- Video Preview
- Add the club's contact information to their address book
How do I Create a QR Code?
QR Code Software
To find a QR Reader for your mobile device, click: QR Stuff - QR Code Mobile Phone Decoding Software
Like our Facebook Page:
Leave a Comment...
Have you seen QR Codes before? What other fun or useful ways could they be used at comedy clubs?