Use FourSquare to Promote Your Comedy Show
What is Foursquare?
Foursquare.com describes itself as:
“Foursquare aims to encourage people to explore their neighborhoods and then reward people for doing so. We do this by combining our friend-finder and social city guide elements with game mechanics — our users earn points, win Mayorships and unlock badges for trying new places and revisiting old favorites.”
How Does Foursquare Work?
Patrons can “check-in” online to the bar or lounge they are at by using their mobile devices. Once they check-in online, they appear on the business’ listing on foursquare.com and typically they notify their friends and family automatically on twitter or facebook.
Foursquare is a rapidly expanding social networking site. The website has just surpassed two million registered users, and receives approximately one million “check-ins” a week.
Remind people to check-in with:
Are people already checking in to your business without your knowledge?
Patrons may already be checking in to your bar or restaurant without your knowledge. On each foursquare business listing, there is a spot for patrons to leave ‘tips’ about your business for other users. See what people have said about your venue, how many people have checked in, and who has checked-in the most by searching on foursquare.com
Listing your Bar, Nightclub, or Restaurant on Foursquare
Giving people an incentive to check-in
With each check-in users are providing word-of-mouth marketing about your business to their friends and followers, so give them an incentive to check-in and further spread the word. Also, business’ that provide incentives to foursquare users will attract them over a business that provides no incentive.
Ideas foursquare promotions - How foursquare will promote your comedy night
- Reward the person with the most check-ins ("The Mayor") with X
- First-time visitors: First time check-ins get X
- Loyal/Returning Patrons: Check-in for a comedy show 3 weeks in a row, get the 4th free
- Discount: Check-in w/ Foursquare & get X
- Frequency Discount: Every 5th check-in gets a free drink
X can be:
- A free giveaway or a discount of some type:
- VIP passes
- 2 tickets for the price of one
- Free drink or a free/discounted meal
- A mention via emcee at showtime
- Backstage access for the Mayor & Friends (Especially appealing if you say this includes when big name acts come in)
Why you should claim your venue on foursquare.com today
- Learn about your patrons through Foursquare's built-in analytics
- What type of people check-in (age, gender) and what time do they typically check-in? Use this information to your advantage!
- A new, novel way to engage with patrons that are coming into your business
- Attract new patrons with specially targetted specials